What I Read Today;
Colossians 1; Luke 18; Isaiah 29; Psalm 62; Numbers 21-24
Our world doesn’t really understand who Jesus is. Most think he’s a wonderful teacher or a philosopher. Because of the lack of knowledge about who Jesus is, many people miss the point of Christianity.
In Colossians 1:15-23, Paul lays out the case for who Jesus was.
- Verses 15-17
- Jesus is the firstborn of all creation
- Jesus is the creator of the universe
- Jesus holds the world together
- Verse 18
- Jesus is the head of the church
- The first of the resurrected
- God appointed to rule over all things
- Verse 19
- The fullness of God
- Verse 20
- The reconciler of all things to God
- Through his blood on the cross the savior of all
- Verse 21-22
- The one who changes hearts and minds
- The reconciler of humanity with God
- The ultimate peacemaker
- Verse 23
- Our hope
This small section of scripture packs everything we need to understand who Jesus was and what he did for us.
What an incredible God we serve!