What I Read Today;
Galatians 5; Luke 6; Isaiah 17; Psalm 50; Leviticus 25-26
Some people would like prayer to return to our schools. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure about the idea of forcing non-Christians to pray is all that great an idea. Others would like to see the Bible taught or the Ten Commandments posted.
While all of that sounds great, I guess, I think that I would rather that we read Luke 6:27-38 every day.
Instead of the Ten Commandments what if we taught these ten teachings of Jesus:
- Love your enemies
- Do good to those who hate you
- Bless those who curse you
- Pray for those who abuse you
- If anyone strikes you turn the other cheek
- If anyone takes your coat give them your shirt
- Give to everyone who begs from you
- Expect nothing in return
- Don’t judge
- Be Merciful
How different would our world be if we practiced these teachings in our individual daily lives?