What I read today
2 Samuel 9-10; Psalm 137; Ezekiel 14; Matthew 20; Romans 15
What is the Bible? What is it for?
Romans 15 vs. 4 makes that clear.
“For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, so that by steadfastness and by the encouragement of the scriptures we might have hope.”
The Bible was given to us for many reasons:
- It was written so that we could have examples of how to live and how not to live.
- The Bible shows us who God is
- The Old Testament tells us about God’s Plan for a savior
- The New and Old Testament tells us how to treat other people
- The more we read the scriptures, the more our faith can be strengthened by hearing God speak directly to us.
- Most importantly the Bible convicts us of our sins and shows us the way to salvation through Jesus
The more we read and study God’s Word the closer we become to that Savior.
Read God’s Word, Study God’s Word, Apply God’s Word.