What I read today
2 Samuel 3-4; Psalm 134; Ezekiel 11; Matthew 17; Romans 12
John Lennon wrote the song Imagine. In it, he said Imagine a world with no religion.
We’re getting close to seeing that today. Yes, we have a form of religion, but we lack in real faith.
If you have the time, slowly Read Romans 12 vs. 9-21.
Compare this section of scripture to the world we live in today.
- Let love be genuine
- Hate what is evil
- Love one another with mutual affection
- Outdo one another in showing honor
- Do not lag in Zeal for God
- Rejoice in hope
- Be patient in suffering
- Persevere in Prayer
- Contribute to the needs of the saints
- Extend hospitality to strangers
- Bless those who persecute you
- Live in Harmony
- Associate with the lowly
- Don’t take revenge
- Take care of your enemy
- Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with Good.
How many of these qualities do we exhibit today? We need the church today to display more of these qualities. For far too long we as a church have fixated on changing the world through the brute force of the government. What if we had chosen to change the world by exhibiting the traits listed above? How different would things be today?